Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Waiting On Wednesday - The Fire Prince

20 Aug 2014
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it allows readers to share the books that they are most looking forwards to reading.

This week the book I have chosen to feature is The Fire Prince by Emily Gee.



Title: The Fire Prince

Author: Emily Gee

Series: The Cursed Kingdoms trilogy #2

Publisher: Solaris

Publication date: 11th September (UK), August 26th (US)

Links: Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon UK


Synopsis

The long awaited and much anticipated sequel to 2011's The Sentinel Mage. The Fire Prince continues the saga of Prince Harkeld, Innis the shapeshifter and the imperiled Seven Kingdoms.

The Seven Kingdoms are in the grip of an ancient and terrible blood curse. Thousands have died. Thousands more will die. Only one man can end the curse.

The fugitive Osgaardan prince, Harkeld, is that man—whether he likes it or not. But the bounty on Harkeld’s head is high. He has outrun his father’s soldiers, but he can’t outrun the assassins who seek him—Fithians, trained in the art of killing. Even the Sentinel mages who guide and guard him are no match for Fithian steel. Faced with the ever-present threat of death, Harkeld must learn to use his fire magic. Or die.

Meanwhile, dark plots are unfolding in Osgaard’s gold-tiled palace, snaring Princess Brigitta and those she loves. And in the eastern kingdoms, young orphan Jaumé journeys with a band of mysterious and dangerous fighters, heading north for a purpose he does not understand.


My Thoughts

I have been waiting for this book for over 3 years! I first read The Sentinel Mage back when it first released and loved every single aspect of it. It is an incredible epic fantasy series that just ticks every single box (in fact most of the characters are in their early 20s so you could even kind of call this NA :P). I have been looking forwards for a long time to find out what will happen next to all the characters and I'm so glad I don't have to wait much longer!

What are you waiting for this week?

15 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book in this series, but it does look good!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 years is a long wait! Haven't heard of this series but hope you get it soon and it's worth the wait!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long! Fantasy authors sometimes do make you wait a while. The books are often so intricate I think they take a very long time to write.

      Delete
  3. I need to read more books like these. Thanks for sharing. This looks like a good one.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 1 was very good and I'm sure this will be too. You should definitely try them :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my word. A three years wait isn't easy. It happened with the sequel in one of my favorite series and it was tough. Thanks for sharing.
    I need to start reading more fantasy and I like NA, so this sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 1 was fantastic so I definitely recommend it :)

      Delete
  5. 3 years is a long time to wait! I really hope you love this book. I haven't heard of this series yet, but it sounds good. I think I'll wait until the series is complete before reading it, though! haha. I'm not that patient.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the wait is worth it! And hope the wait for book 3 is not as long :P

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this series before, but I like the cover, and I enjoy high fantasy immensely. I will have to look into it, and perhaps seek out book 1! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I've been wanting to read The Sentinel Mage for sooooooo long!! I'm definitely going to have to do that now that book 2 is going to be out soon. They both sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this, but I've bookmarked it for further investigation. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, 3 years is a long wait! I'd probably have forgotten what the first book was about by now ;) I haven't heard of this series, but I will definitely be checking it out. Hope you enjoy it!

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! I'm glad you do't have to wait much longer! I haven't heard of this series, but it definitely sounds like something I'd like. :) Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.