Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking the Shelves / Showcase Sunday #15

26 May 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.

I am loving all these books and I can't wait to start reading them all. Click on the pictures to be taken to the goodreads pages so you can learn more. I definitely recommend buying some of these!

Netgalley


The Bone Season

This is an amazing sounding dystopian novel with some paranormal elements. I love the sound of it and it also appears like it may be New Adult. I always like reading NA books of different genres as most are contemporary. I have high nopes for this book.








Bought


Zoey Rogue

I love this author so much. She writes great science fiction & paranormal romance novels. This is her first proper NA book and I am excited to see if I like it as much as I have her adult books.









Safe Word

I stumbled across this the other day when I felt like reading something different and this seemed perfect. I have read this already and it is brilliant. It is amazingly steamy and also has a great storyline.









The Space Between
*Signed paperback*

I have loved other books by this author so when I had the chance to buy a signed copy of her latest paranormal New Adult novel I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I am going to start this very soon as it is one of our group reads for May at the New Adult book club.






Freebies


Offside














Reason to Breathe














Eternal Starling













Won

A while ago I entered a contest run by an author I love to come up with ideas of things using "powers" that could happen in the final book of her series. My idea was chosen and my prize was to see it included in the series finale Earth as well as to receive print copies of all 4 books in the series.

I love this series so much and it is such an honor to see an idea I came up with in the final fight scene of Earth. The author also turned it into such an epic moment, I don't want to give anything away but I will say it is HUGE. I'm really happy to have the books in paperback and Terra also threw in an extra book as a surprise.

















What do you think of these books? Is there any you have read or plan to read? Feel free to link to your own posts like this in the comments.

13 comments:

  1. The Bone Season sounds really good - I love a good dystopian book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I have water as well but not the rest. I should read it soon, had it for ages.

    Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I haven't read any of them but hope you enjoy them all. Please come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bone season sounds so good! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :D

     Showcase - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul :) I love the sound of The Bone Season :)

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you've reminded me I've got The Bone Season to read too...so many good books coming up, don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I haven't heard of The Bone Season! I love dystopia so I'll be checking that one out :D and congrats on getting your idea featured! That's so cool :) I downloaded Reason to Breathe this week. Looking forward to reading it :) Great haul!

    Here's my weekly round up post. Have a lovely weekend!

    Sarah @ TotalTeenFiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool that your idea was chosen for a book! I love the cover of all of those books in that series. Definitely need to check them out!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love your haul! I can't wait to read Safe Word. :)

    My SS: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/05/showcase-sunday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the win, I love winning books, I especially love signed books. Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great book week! I didn't realize Safe Word had come out, I've been seeing teasers everywhere. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I love the look of The Bone Season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lot of really awesome books this week :) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.