Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Lets make New Adult even more well known!

18 May 2013
Earlier this week can the exciting news that Amazon was acknowledging New Adult as a real category and now we have the chance to make NA even more well known. Goodreads has started doing a monthly YA newsletter - something I am excited about as I love YA - and now they are looking for suggestions of other genres and categories that should get a newsletter here.

I am hoping that eventually all genres and categories will get their own newsletter and they probably will but I worry NA will be overlooked. We are still very new and don't have the longstanding fan base of genres that have existed for many years. What I propose is that everyone who loves NA suggests that we get a newsletter. Spread the word so that everyone knows about it, people who don't know about the YA newsletter wont know that goodreads is taking suggestions. I have already shared the news with all the members of the New Adult book club so IF everyone joins in then that is over 2000 suggestions already.

I hope you will help me to spread the word. Share this post as much as you can or even create your own. Some genres such as romance will probably get a newsletter even if no one suggests it but that probably isn't the case for us. If we get enough suggestions we could be next to get a newsletter and we can further prove to the world we are a real category that is here to stay.

http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/421-announcing-our-debut-young-adult-newsletter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.