Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Angelfall re-release day

23 May 2013
Today Hodder & Stoughton officially re-release in paperback one of my favourite self-published books. I first read Angelfall well over a year ago and I am still amazed at how great it was. It has been optioned for a film so hopefully will be brought to the big screen in the near future and the second book is slated for release in October.


Synopsis

The official print edition of the internet phenomenon. Already over 8,000 five star reader reviews. (And counting.)

It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain.

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night.

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...


Goodreads | Amazon UK | Waterstones | Amazon

Mini Review

This book is incredibly unique. It is about angels but it is unlike an other angel book out there. It is dark, gritty and full of action but also has some slight romance to keep everything balanced out. Penryn is kick-ass and possibly one of my favourite characters ever and all the other characters are just fantastic. This paranormal/apocalyptic novel is impossible to dislike. Ee has created a masterpiece that must be read by everyone and you will find few books that can equal its greatness.

2 comments:

  1. I re-read this one recently (I first read it in 2011) and I fell in love with it all over again. I'm so glad Hodder are publishing the series over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first read it a very long time ago. I am so glad it is finally being released in paperback into bookshops :)

      Delete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.