Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Review of Fallen Too Far

12 Jan 2013
Synopsis - From Goodreads

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter. She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

Review

I really enjoyed this book. I am a huge fan of the author and I think this is possibly her best book so far. It has all the aspects of a great Abbi Glines book: two a characters that need each other even if they can’t see it, a good storyline and the perfect amount of steaminess. I loved the sexual tension between the two characters; they are obviously attracted to one another but they both hold back. Blaire because she doesn’t want to be just one of many sexual conquests and Rush because of the secrets that he holds.

My favourite character in this book was Blaire. I like female protagonists that are strong and can fight their own battles so from the second she pulled out a gun at the very beginning I knew that she would be an amazing character. She hasn’t had an easy life but she doesn’t let it get her down. Rather than letting her past make her a weak, mean hearted person it has made her strong and hard working. As for Rush, well no one can create a sexy, confused bad boy as well as Abbi Glines can. I did want to yell at him a couple of times for his annoying hot and cold behaviour, but I love it when I feel that involved in a book.

The secondary characters are brilliant and have their own backgrounds that I hope we get to see more of in the next book. I particularly liked Woods, he was the perfect nice guy to balance out Rush’s bad boy charm. I do love bad boys in books but a sweet, kind, nice guy is possibly even better. I loved the twist to this book, well it isn’t exactly a twist as it is hinted at throughout but I was surprised at what it turned out to be.
The ending wasn’t exactly the happily ever after that I was hoping for, but this is only the first in a series so it won’t be the last we see of these characters. I am really looking forwards to seeing what the author does with the second book - Never Too Far, and I am very impatiently eagerly awaiting its release in March.


For anyone who has read this book or any of Abbi Gline's other books there is currently a Q+A with her going on over at the New Adult book club on goodreads. Ask your questions here!


20 comments:

  1. You've already recommend this book to me (and I bought it :D), but it's great to see exactly why you like it. This definitely sounds like an enjoyable book that I'll really like. Thanks for the lovely review Laura! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definately worth reading. I am looking forwards to seeing what you think about it once you have read it :D

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed The Vincent Boys so I'm hoping more of her stuff makes it in to paperback! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vincent Boys is incredible, Abbi Glines is a very talented writer :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything by Abbi Glines, but think I will have to go look her up now. (Welcome to the blogging world!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi Glines is a great author and you should definitely check out her books, her books are different so there is something for everyone. The Existence trilogy if you like paranormal, Breathe and the original version of The Vincent boys if you like YA, and all the rest of her books are perfect for fans of of New Adult contemporary romance. Thank you for the welcome : )

      Delete
  4. I love Abbi Glines! I've only read Breathe but I'm looking forward to reading some of her other books! AMAZING review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Abbi's books are amazing. The rest of her books are more mature than Breathe but as long as you dont mind there being a tiny bit of sex in books you should still love them :)

      Delete
  5. Never read any of Abbi Glines's books, but this sounds cool - may give it a try. Best of luck with the blog, by the way - always cool to see new bloggers around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are very good, and i am very excited to be a new blogger :) I plan to stick around too :P

      Delete
  6. ooh * forbidden love* An oldie but a goodie lol. It actually sounds really interesting though :) I think one of the reasons I stray away from contemporaries is because I am slowly loosing my connection to the characters ( i'm 23 now >.< ) But I still love YA sci-fi and fantasy lol I think I might have better luck with NA contemporaries because I will be able to relate more :D Gonna give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly what i love about NA! Im 19 so i am just past the age where i can relate to the first kiss first crush type thing that you generally find in YA (though i do still read and love YA but not usualy the contemporaries). However with NA i can relate to the characters experiences. I also think the releationships are more realistic. Whenever i read YA romance i always think "Why havent you kissed yet!". I would definately try reading NA, this is a good one to start with too :)

      Delete
  7. I like this author's other books, so I can not wait to read this one. :)

    Monika@Sweet Candy Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blog is brand new also! It will be a week old Friday :). I love your blog! All the books you have posted are books that I would love to read! I am following you via GFC right now! It's exciting to meet an Abbi Glines fan like myself. I would love it if you would follow me back.

    Http://www.abookishescape.com

    Lindy@A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have guessed your blog was new. It is really well designed so i assumed it had been around for a while : ) I love every book you have reviewed so far. We started our blogs on the same day : D

      Delete
  9. Hi sweetie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower and loving your blog. Beautiful review. This was my first Abbi Glines novel and loved it. Hope to get my review up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I cant wait to read your review when it goes up. You should read some of Abbi Glines other books, they are all fantastic :)

      Delete
  10. I'm late to the party as I only read this today but I LOVED IT. I know what you mean when you fell in love with Blaire's character after she pulled that gun out. Not something I was expecting at all! Woods is the kind of guy she should be with but the way he talks to her its like an older brother, playful at first but when he realised he was getting nowhere, he became this protective older brother. Anyway, I've got the second book of this trilogy so no rest for the wicked!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.